1. What's overnight oats?
Instead of cooking, the oats are soaked overnight and a "cold porridge" is created. The slow soaking process brings more nutrients, better digestion and SLOW-release energy throughout the day.
2. Shelf life of ready to eat overnight oats
The average shelf life is 4-5 days when refrigerated on arrival. As they are made from fresh, natural ingredients with no weird chemical preservatives, they do have a naturally short shelf life BUT they can all be frozen - which we highly recommend if you don't think you will eat them all in time.
3. What’s special about your products?
- No added sugar, no sweetener.
- Plant based. Nut free Available.
- Only natural ingredients.
- Freshly handmade.
- No confusing stuff: Ingredient labels nowadays become more and more complicated. We only use food that you can also find in households. We don’t use stuff like added vitamins, natural flavors/aromas, etc. Some experts say natural flavors/aromas don't appear to be any healthier than artificial flavors. It's controversial. You don't use it in your kitchen. Neither do I.
- Everything is powered by jujube with its health benefits, sweetness, and marshmallow-like texture.
4. Do your products contain added sugar?
No, the sweet enough taste is just from the superfruit - Jujube and goji berries.
5. Are your ingredients organic or fair trade?
Currently, some of our ingredients are organic. However, difficulties in sourcing, being a small company, and trying to keep costs down for the consumer make this difficult. We are working on this.
6. What milk do you use in your oats?
We only use plant based mylk with the cleanest and simplest ingredients.
- Oatly The Organic Oat Drink (water, oats, sea salt)
- Coconut Milk (water, coconut)
7. Sugar, what’s the problem?
We all recognise how important it is to eat healthy. But much of the food we buy contains hidden sugar that our body doesn’t need and it’s addictive. In fact, approximately 80% of food products you find on supermarket shelves contain added sugars. The more sugar you eat, the more you crave it. And for a person who has had too much sugar over a long period of time, serious health issues can occur like obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
8. Should we cut sugar out completely?
We all know this is not easy for everyone especially since nowadays dodgy sugars are everywhere. While you don’t need to avoid it completely, it should only be eaten in moderation. We’re talking about added sugar here, NOT fruit, which is so much more than just sugar; fruit is a ‘wholefood package’ wrapped in nutrients like essential vitamins and minerals, health-promoting antioxidants, and slow-to-digest, blood-sugar-stabilising fibre, and so its sugar content doesn’t have the same negative impact as straight-up sugar. The solution is to reduce added sugar consumption whenever we can.
We have developed a range of sweet enough treats without added sugars, packed full of nutrient-dense food groups. So that you can still have sugar-free joy for your sweet craving.
9. What is jujube superfruit?
In short, it’s an ancient superfruit that’s sun-dried on the tree with lots of health benefits. It has been an essential ingredient in Eastern medicine and beauty for over 4,000 years. Find out more details here.
10. Who can eat jujube?
It’s essentially a dried fruit, so generally speaking, if you eat other dried fruit, this is also safe for everyone including kids & elderly people.
For a generally healthy person, it can be consumed daily and it’s recommended to stick to about a half-cup serving of dried jujube per day.
If taken in moderation Jujube is safe to consume during pregnancy. The jujube fruit is high in folic acid, which aids in the production of blood cells and promotes fetal development. It also contains zinc, which aids in fetal brain development and improves cognitive function.