The only thing I want in a hot summer day is a refreshing salad!
Without heavy meat, this superfood salad is 100% plant based.
For the salad:
- 15g jujube, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 pack pulled seitan (We teamed up with Bumi but any other brand is fine)
- 1/3 carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cucumber, shredded
- 2 stalks spring onion, cut into small pieces • A handful coriander, roughly cut
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp white sesame seeds • 1/2 tbsp chili pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Mix all the ingredients for the salad.
- To make the sauce, mix the garlic, sesame seeds, and chilli pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil until it smokes. Quickly pour it over the mixture.
- Add the soy sauce and apple cider vinegar.
- Combine the sauce and salad and mix well.
- Garnish with some sesame seeds (optional)